Your Best Criminal Defense in Westminster
If criminal charges have been leveled against you in Westminster, you may be scared, confused, and unsure what you can do to defend yourself against the allegations. Whether you’ve been questioned at a traffic stop, had your home searched, were arrested, or are worried that you will soon face criminal charges, you need an experienced and level-headed defense attorney who will fight for your best possible outcome.
Colorado defense lawyer Kimberly Diego has been serving the Westminster community since 2008 and was recognized as one of Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars in 2012. Ms. Diego firmly believes that the right to criminal defense is vital to a just society, and she fights for her clients because she knows they are innocent until proven guilty. She gives every case the individualized attention it deserves and will explore every possible route to proving your innocence or getting the charges against you reduced. If you or a loved one is grappling with criminal charges, the best thing you can do is contact Kimberly Diego.
Kimberly Diego Provides Rigorous Defense, No Matter What the Case
While some lawyers claim to practice every area of law under the sun, Kimberly Diego focuses solely on criminal defense, which has allowed her to hone her expertise and provide the best possible defense in a wide variety of criminal cases. She has used her in-depth knowledge to successfully handle cases just like yours, and her areas of defense include:
- Arson: If you have been charged with damaging a building through the use of fire or explosives, you may face anything from a misdemeanor to a Class 3 Felony. First degree arson is classified as a violent crime and can result in prison time if you don’t have an experienced defense attorney on your side.
- Assault and battery: You may be shocked to find yourself charged with assault and battery, especially if you were in a fight that quickly escalated or were simply defending yourself. Work with a lawyer who is well-versed in this area of law in Colorado.
- Burglary: Trespassing with the intent to commit a crime is always classified as a felony in Colorado, and first degree burglary is considered a violent crime that carries with it mandatory enhanced sentencing if there is a conviction. If you’re facing this serious charge, it’s of the utmost importance that you contact Kimberly Diego as soon as possible.
- Criminal mischief: Most people don’t realize that acts of vandalism or knowingly damaging another person’s property can result in a felony charge, depending on the value of the damaged property. Work with an experienced attorney to make sure that criminal mischief charges don’t ruin your life.
- Domestic violence: In addition to covering physical violence against someone you are currently or were formerly in an intimate relationship with, domestic violence in Colorado also encompasses verbal threats and destruction of property. Many people are surprised when they are charged with domestic violence crimes and need an experienced defense attorney on their side.
- Drug crimes: Far too often, drug crimes result in lengthy prison sentences that are disproportionate to this non-violent crime. Kimberly Diego will fight to keep this from happening.
- Felonies: If convicted of a felony, you will face a mandatory prison sentence and parole. Ms. Diego may be able to get the charges against you reduced to a misdemeanor or thrown out if there is insufficient evidence against you.
- Hit and run: Hitting a pedestrian is a traumatic experience, and some people who are in this situation panic and leave the scene. A skilled defense attorney will look at the specific details of your case to present the best argument possible to reduce your charges.
- Juvenile offenses: Don’t let one mistake leave you with a criminal record and ruin your chances to go to college, join the military, or get a good job. Kimberly Diego has experience working with minors charged with a criminal offense, and she can help.
- Misdemeanors: Although the penalties for misdemeanors are less harsh than felonies, these charges still need to be taken seriously as a conviction will appear on your criminal record.
- Sex crimes: Even if you are convicted of something as seemingly minor as indecent exposure, you will have to register as a sex offender in the state of Colorado. Don’t let that happen; schedule a consultation with Kimberly Diego.
- Shoplifting: Colorado and the city of Westminster take shoplifting very seriously, and you need to make sure you work with a defense attorney who can keep this charge off your record.
- Theft: Theft may be classified as a felony, depending on the value of the items stolen. Don’t risk serving time in prison; discuss your options with Ms. Diego.
Guiding Clients through a Difficult Time
Being charged with a criminal offense is incredibly stressful and emotionally exhausting. You may not be thinking clearly enough to make the best decisions on your own, which is why you need a strong support network that includes an experienced, savvy defense lawyer. Kimberly Diego combines compassion with a professional attitude and a drive to defend her clients to the best of her ability. She understands just how devastating a conviction can be, and she’ll do everything in her power to prevent that from happening. In some cases, she may be able to get evidence thrown out on the grounds that it was obtained illegally, or she may be able to convince the court that your charges should be reduced or that there is a better alternative to prison.
Legal Experience in Westminster and All of Colorado
Kimberly Diego received her law degree from the University of Colorado and also interned with the Colorado State Public Defender’s Office before setting up her own practice in the Denver area. Because her practice is based solely in Colorado, she has gained a thorough understanding of the legal system in Westminster and the state as a whole. She has successfully defended clients in Denver, Westminster, and the following areas:
- Castle Rock
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
- Wheat Ridge
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Colorado, seek the legal expertise of Kimberly Diego.
Don’t Wait—Contact the Law Office of Kimberly Diego Today
Don’t leave your future up to the whims of the Colorado court. Kimberly Diego can help you fight the charges against you, but only if you reach out and schedule a legal consultation to discuss your case. Ms. Diego offers free 45-minute initial consultations and can be reached at 720-257-5346. If you would prefer, you can also fill out a free case review form, and a representative from the law office of Kimberly Diego will contact you promptly.